Sunday, June 16, 2013

Review: Dave's Gourmet Masala Marinara Pasta Sauce

Chicken Masala Marinara


I came across a very interesting sounding sauce while I was looking for Marsala wine in the pasta sauce aisle. Yes, I knew the Marsala wine wasn't there but the worker at the whole foods strongly suggested to check out the sauce aisle cause he has SEEN IT there. So I went & found the "Masala sauce" and no, it wasn't THE Marsala that I was looking for but with the quick checking of the ingredients on the label I decided to give it a try.

As soon as I got home I couldn't help but to pop open this mysterious pasta sauce and take a taste. It tasted like... like... like a TOMATO CURRY. I had no idea what to do with it so I tried to look up a recipe online but couldn't find one. I even tried their website but they didn't have it either.

So, I just decided to treat it like a curry.


I pulled out whatever I had in my refrigerator, red and green pepper and onions, rinsed and chopped. (I had some mushrooms too but I figured I'll just save them for a real Chicken Marsala) Tossed them in the pan and sauteed until slightly cooked.



Meanwhile on a separate pan, I cooked four pieces of chicken breasts about 3 to 4 minutes on each side and poured the sauce over and also added cooked onions and peppers on top.



I stirred and let it sit for a few minutes until the sauce finished cooking. 
Then I simply poured over the rice.


I didn't add in any spices or herbs because I wanted to taste the sauce as is to see if I like it or not. The sauce, although I had to make a green chili sauce to add a little bit of a spice to it but overall, it was nice and tasty.


No comments:

Post a Comment